Business Process Management
In any business, process plays critical role to become or remain successful. Failure to improve process as required results in higher cost, lower revenues, less motivated employees and lowers customer satisfaction.
Business Process Management (BPM) is a business solution approach that simultaneously focus on improving business performance by managing and optimizing business processes and workflows. The goal of BPM is to reduce common human errors and miscommunication in business that will boost up business activities in an efficient way.
Business Process is defined as a set of activities that will help to accomplish organizational goal. It enables businesses to bring standard model that will implement, monitor, execute and control all their processes.
Key Steps for a successful implementation of BPM
- Analyzing Scenario and Design: In this step, existing process and to-be processes should be discussed amongst stockholders and should be documented. It includes process flow, roles, notifications and escalations, service level agreements, workflow task user interfaces and task management mechanisms.
- Redesign the Model: It takes the design and considers how to process, as it might operate in different scenarios. Stockholders get involved in generating the list of what-if scenarios. What-if scenarios should be ranked wisely according to likelihood and impact.
- Implementation: In this step, developers create process flows, data mapping, create user interfaces for workflow steps, integration with enterprise data source and system, set user roles and association with the process steps.
- Monitoring: In this step, processes are monitored and process metrics are collected.
- Managing: Process monitoring data is analyzed to determine how well the process performs in real business conditions. The process is continually improved.
- Automation: Automation workflows enhance BPM deployments that helps in delivering real business value.
Workflow of BPM
In general, BPM solutions are mostly based on workflows or a series of workflows. The complex business process break into simpler form that provides major set of rules to maintain higher level of BPM solution in an organization. The core concept is that the work in a real time business environment should be dynamic as it should provide a series of guidelines. The process platform enables progression through task by sending necessary signals and indications of their completion and due date status. This kind of overall workflow helps to achieve business goals faster and conveniently by maintaining its standards.
Deployment of BPM
Various ways of deploying BPM has been discussed as below:
- On-premises: This BPM solution that is deployed on premises requires more physical resources and costing.
- On Cloud: It is a business process platform that is hosted on cloud, requires lower infrastructure cost and quicker implementation on system.
Why use OpenEdge BPM?
- Improved business rule management and end user environment.
- Easy to modify workflow with little or no code changes.
- User friendly dashboard that helps to measure application performance, success and shortcomings.
- Graphical representation, charts and analytics.
- Easy Integration with third parties and other external systems.
With the use of OpenEdge BPM, one can quickly identify bottlenecks and implement system optimization across functional area that will result in business agility, efficiency and reduced time and cost. It is a powerful tool that enables all aspect of operations to run optimally thus, improving processes to make informed decisions for business optimization.
Get in touch with us via email@example.com today to know more about our BPM service.