Javra Software B.V which is a Dutch-based software company in The Netherlands since 1999 and having its outsourcing company in Nepal since 2006 and a nearshore company in Lisbon, Portugal since May 2022.
We are innovative IT services providing company having its customers mainly located in Europe, USA, China and Hong Kong. We work on different innovative IT solutions platforms.
For our new branch office JAVRA, SOCIEDADE UNIPESSOAL LDA in Lisbon we are searching for an experienced Android Developer capable of architecting, designing, developing, and testing complex applications for a variety of Android devices.
The candidate must be self-driven and self-managed. You will work as part of our world-class outsourcing team developing mobile applications for international customers with the Android platform. In addition, you will have the opportunity to integrate other technologies with Java.
In this function, you will be working on a hybrid working module which is 3 days of work from the office and 2 days of work from home. We are in RESTELO XXI, Business Complex in Lisbon.
Role and Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and maintain mobile applications in Java using Android SDK.
- Analyze requirements, create software/database designs, and architect solutions using formal methods.
- Work cooperatively in a project-focused development team.
- Assist Project Management in planning and estimation.
- Software testing.
- Plan and conduct code reviews.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Masters's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Android Development. More experienced candidates are preferred.
You have the following experience and profile:
- Solid Java programmer.
- Able to demonstrate developed interview applications.
- Confident to communicate in written and spoken English.
- Motivated, innovative and ready to take responsibility and initiative in your work.
- Focused on writing reusable, reliable and readable code.
- Able to break down development tasks and estimate them.
You have knowledge and experience with:
- JSON and XML
- Software Configuration Management (e.g. CVS, SVN, VSS)
- Unit Testing
Background in any of the following is a bonus:
- Agile SDLC methodologies (e.g. Scrum, DSDM, eXtreme Programming)
- Formal software design (e.g. Patterns, UML, MS Visio)
- Programming with Web Services
- Experience with working with a large amounts of data on Android
- Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001, CMMi, etc)
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com .