This is a leadership role suited to independently motivated, first-class software professionals. You will initiate and manage software development projects throughout the entire life cycle. You will employ proven techniques in project management to ensure projects are delivered on-time, within scope and with the highest quality.
This position is best suited to a hands-on project manager. You should be capable and willing to work closely with the team in their day to day activities. You should understand their issues and take responsibility to solve the team’s challenges. You are both a mentor and a leader.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan, estimate and schedule project activities.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Maintain communication with customers and key project stakeholders.
- Prepare and report project status to customers and management.
- Manage day-to-day operation of your projects. Ensure success, through hands-on engagement with the project team.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Collect and interpret project statistics and recommend improvement initiatives in an environment of continual improvement.
- Collaborate in requirement analysis and translate business requirements as a list of actionable items for the development team to work on.
- Participate in project testing and release activities.
- Participate in the standardization of project management activities within Javra.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or any IT related field.
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing and implementing customer-facing software projects in a software development environment with multi-function teams. More experienced preferred.
- Should have proven experience in managing multiple software development projects at a time.
- Possess strong knowledge of project management processes, such as Scrum and Agile.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- You have working knowledge and experience with:
- Proven project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Kanban/Scrumban).
- Project management software tools (e.g. Jira, Trello, Microsoft Project).
- Writing technical documentation (samples must be shown at interview).
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Able to multitask and focus on deadlines under pressure.
- Familiar with Programming fundamentals.
Background in any of the following is a bonus:
- PMP, PRINCE2 or Scrum Master certifications
- Software Design & Development experience
- Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001, CMMi, etc)